Thursday, October 25, 2012

Polish Rave: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Rose Run

I woke up this morning at 5:45 to go to the gym from 6-8.  It's not really as ambitious as it sounds, since I spent the first hour of it on a stationary bike on fairly low resistance, which at least for me isn't much exercise at all.  (Last summer I attempted a bike tour and the first day alone was 92 miles, which I did without being sore at all, then did 72 the next day just fine as well.)  I got back to my room with what should have been 2 hours to shower and get ready to go to my least favorite class ever (o chem, you will be the death of me...), but then the internet happened and suddenly I was left with less than an hour to get ready.

This is undeniably my go-to manicure when I'm in any sort of hurry.  While most polishes take up to several hours to fully dry (I unfortunately cannot be persuaded to give in to the price tag for Seche Vite), even most claiming to be "fast drying," the only line I've found which I feel truly lives up to that name is Sally Hansen Insta-Dri.  The one I'm wearing today is Rose Run, which looks very nice on my skin tone--I think, anyway--and makes the perfect polish for when I need my nails to look prettier but I'm running low on time.




One of the reasons I love this polish so much, which I think is a large part of why it works so well as a fast-drying polish, is that almost all the colors I have it in go on opaque in one coat.  (Shown here is just one coat with no topcoat.)  Fewer coats means less goopy polish sitting on your nails to dry.  In contrast, the Wet n Wild fast drying line, while it's full of gorgeous colors, tend to be extremely sheer, requiring 3 or even 4 coats to build it to any sort of opacity.



There is a slight golden sheen to it in the bottle, but once it's on the nails, it's pretty much a dusty rose creme color.  I think it looks bright enough to be fun, but still professional if you happen to work in that sort of setting.

After purchasing one color from this line a few years ago on clearance and deciding I was in love with it, I now own quite a few other colors, and as soon as I'm not rushing off to class, I'll be doing a review and swatches post on all of them, but for today, I wanted to gush about this one in particular.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...