Saturday, October 27, 2012

(Mostly) Black and White Nails (Day 8)


This is one of those manicures that looked a lot cuter in my head.  On my nails, there was just way too much going on.  It probably would have worked out better if I hadn't done the gradient, and had stuck with my original plan of white with black polka dots or stripes.  The penguin nail was inspired by these nails, but I decided I didn't just want to go entirely inspired by that manicure and try something beside the dots.


The whale nails on both thumbs ended up looking a little funny, and the one on my other thumb looked so bad I didn't even want to take a picture of it, but I liked the idea of having the two different black and white animals.


This was among my first attempts at a gradient.  I think I'm getting better at it, but it could still use work.  I still tried to make it better by covering it with a fine silver glitter.


My slightly derpy penguin.  This one took me 3 tries before I finally decided to leave it at this.


The orca turned out a lot better than I was expecting.  The dorsal fin ended up a bit large, but aside from that, I liked the shape and the spray on the water a lot better.


My right hand, with the horribly disproportionate blotchy orca.  I think my favorite gradient nail was the pinkie.


Slightly less derpy penguin, although his beak seemed to have turned into an amorphous blob.

Colors used:
Black - Sinful Colors Black on Black
White - Rimmel French Tip White (penguins), Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Whirlwind White
Blue - NYX Advanced Salon Formula in Trout
Orange - Wet n Wild Sunny Side Up




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...