Monday, October 22, 2012

I Just Blue Myself (Day 5)

As in love as I am with the entirety of the Arrested Development series, hands down my favorite scene to quote, and one that never fails to make me giggle uncontrollably when I see it, is the one below:


So of course, that is what my extremely mature self had to title today's blue-themed manicure.  I used a base of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Freeze! which I believe was a limited edition color for this fall.  It's now sold out of all the drugstores I've checked (all two of them...) and I'm sad because I've used almost a third of the bottle within a month of having it, and it's definitely my favorite bright blue polish.



The dots are OPI Russian Navy Suede.  I was going for a contrasting matte and shimmer look, but somehow most of the matte finish on them rubbed off while I wore them during the day, and it ended up all looking fairly shiny.


I really love how the colors worked together.  Russian Navy Suede is very similar in the appearance of the "texture" to Freeze!, although I sort of wish I had done some sort of diagonal striping with them instead.  Oh well, perhaps some other time.  I don't want to waste any more of my precious Freeze! for the time being.



(Combined because I'm cheating)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...