Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I Never Saw a Purple Cow... (Day 6)

I never saw a purple cow,
I never hope to see one.
But I can tell you anyhow,
I'd rather see than be one.



Today's manicure (or actually yesterday's, and the day before's, since I'm not quite caught up on my blogging...) was one of my more creative ideas so far, and a lot of fun to do.  When I was little, I remember a set of books, one of which had a section with a bunch of poems about colors.  The one at the beginning of the post was the one for purple, and for some reason, when I was wondering what to do for the purple day, my mind immediately went to this.

But goodness, was this hard to photograph!  I used China Glaze Spontaneous, topped with Grape Pop for the spots.  The cows' noses were ORLY Decades of Dysfunction, and the eyes and nostrils were Art Deco's black nail art polish (applied with a dotting tool, though, but it's the only opaque black I have).  For some reason, it kept showing up absurdly blue-toned, and those few pictures up there were the only ones I got that showed it anywhere near as warm-toned as it actually was.


I tried taking pictures of it holding different things, and that didn't work well, either.


This one probably shows the colors the truest, but it still wasn't a very good picture.



(Combined because I'm cheating)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...