Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Game of Thrones Inspired Dragon Nails!

The other day, my indecisive self was asking someone what I wanted to do with my nails.  I was expecting a color suggestion, "polka dots," or something to that effect.  No, he said, "Dragons."  Challenge accepted.  For the past two days, I've worn it with a glossy topcoat, but that doesn't photograph very well.  Here are a couple pictures so you can get an idea of how it looked, though.



Then, after I got done with my lab today, I decided to waste time blogging rather than study for my o chem test on Thursday and try to get better pictures, because I'm incredibly in love with this manicure and can't bear to not share it with the internet!  I used NYC's matte topcoat, and the pictures turned out much better, I think.





I created the look loosely based around the colors of the greenish dragon egg from the Game of Thrones TV series.  For the base, I used China Glaze Agro, which I believe was from the Hunger Games collection.  The dragon, scale outlines, and base for the middle finger were all the Art Deco nail art polish in Black.  Colors on the scales (besides Agro, for most of them) were Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Olive Branch, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Bronze Ablaze, and Borghese Limoncello.  The flame was Revlon Saucy, China Glaze Desert Sun, Wet n Wild 9.0.2.1.Orange, and a nameless gold shimmery polish.

I did manage a lovely physics fail when I for some reason decided that the base (hottest) part of the flame was going to be red.  Apparently I thought it was a rainbow or something....

Anyway, I'm completely in love with this and as much as I want to do my nails with more exciting designs, I don't want to take this one off just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...