Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I suppose an explanation is in order

Yes, I had finals.  Yes, I got insanely busy trying to pass o chem and cell bio (I did pass both, as far as I know).  No, I didn't really have any reason for abandoning my blog and not replying to emails about my blog sale.

For as long as I can remember, I've really struggled with what most people find to be perfectly "normal" social interactions (what is probably social anxiety, but I hesitate to call it that as it's never received a formal diagnosis).  I'm not sure why, but the past quarter in college was especially difficult for me.  I couldn't even bring myself to email professors about necessary assignments and projects, much less discuss financial issues with people on the internet.  Maybe part of it was just after having so many cancelled orders in the last sale, I didn't want to risk disappointing anyone else?  I wish I had an explanation to give you, and a perfect solution to present now, but I don't.  I'm home on Christmas break, and I don't have all the stuff I was selling with me, currently, so I do intend to get back to that, but I'm not sure exactly when.  To all those who have emailed about it, I will try to get back to you, but I'm terribly sorry I can't guarantee when that will be.

Then, because in my mind I had let so many people down being unable to get myself to reply to their emails, I couldn't be blogging in the mean time, and I just sort of crawled into a hole of anxiety and depression, nicely summarized in this comic.

I'm going to try to be back now.  I've given up on the Advent Nails, as I missed a week and a half during finals, and I'm no longer actively trying to finish the 31 Day Challenges, but here are some recent manis I've done.  I don't have a lot of the polishes with me, as they were done and photographed back at my dorm, but here are the pictures even if I don't have the polish names.



This one was 3 of the Pure Ice winter/holiday collection colors.  A metallic silver, a small blue glitter, and Sugar Cookie.



This one is Revlon Spanish Moss topped with China Glaze Make a Spectacle.  I absolutely looooved the effect of this one and will most likely wear it again at some point.


Lesson learned.  If you ask a guy what color you should do your nails, blood red or a sparkly metallic red, you will get an enthusiastic, "Bloooood!"  I absolutely loved this color, though, so I was really glad he suggested it otherwise I'd never have used it.  I believe it's called Red Zin, from SH Salon Formula.  The stripe is Maybelline Wine & Dined.



This is ORLY Fowl Play topped with Kleancolor Chunky Purple Holo.  I got these two from a blog sale, and when I had them next to each other on my desk, I just knew they were meant for each other.



And here's that same combo mattified.  I really loved these as well, and was sad when I took them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...