Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Raspberry Stripes for Day 12

Today I made an attempt at DIY striping tape which wasn't as bad as it could have been, but could also definitely have been better.  I cut pieces of scotch tape into very thin strips and applied them to my nails, but I didn't do very well at making them even.



As you can see, I covered up the lines with a fine silver glitter to try to hide how uneven they were just a bit.  Then I put a matte topcoat on because my current motto seems to be "Mattify ALL THE THINGS!"

Colors Used:
Base - Sally Hansen Raspberry Race
Stripes - NYC Manhattan
Glitter - Sally Hansen Starry, Starry Flight
Topcoat - NYC Matte Me Crazy



I want to try this again sometime, but I think it'd work a lot better with actual striping tape so I could get each of them more uniform.  Overall I really liked it, though, my main problem with it was that Manhattan looked a lot more purple in the bottle, and then ended up a lot more burgundy than I was envisioning, so I didn't quite like those two together, but with the silver over top I think it looked fine.



(Combined because I'm cheating)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...