Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day 11 Polka Dots and Rock Climbing


I wanted to do polka dots with a bit more subdued fall-ish colors, and when I asked someone for a suggestion, I was told, "Red, orange, purple, and russet."  I did not know guys had colors like "russet" in their vocabulary, but I guess that works.  In my head, I'd been picturing one color of dots over a base color, but I decided to go with this instead.  I started out with 2 coats of China Glaze Hook and Line, which is a gorgeous mushroomy color that I'm now in love with.


Icky pre-cleanup picture.



I then put a coat of a gold and bronze microglitter over the top.  I wasn't sure if it would be overkill, but I really like the way the background turned out.

Colors Used:
Base - China Glaze Hook and Line
Glitter - Bonita unknown name
Red - Sally Hansen Red Zin
Orange - China Glaze Desert Sun
Purple - Sinful Colors Winterberry
Brown - China Glaze Call of the Wild
Russet - I actually had to mix a color just to have anything near what I could call "russet."  And it ended up just looking brownish black anyway, but it was Call of the Wild with Finger Paints Bauhaus Burgundy and a bit of Red Zin.



I'm sorry I  haven't posted in the last few days.  I've done a couple other manis that I'll be putting up as soon as I get the time, but I also haven't done much with my nails, since on Sunday my rock climbing class went on an all-day field trip and it seemed a bit pointless to do my nails just to destroy them on the rocks.  The trip was amazing, though, and here are some pictures (despite the fact that taking pictures of scenery rarely ends up as impressive as you remembered it in person).







The only picture I have of me from the whole day....


My new chipmunk friend.


The insanely hard climb that I didn't even attempt.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...