Monday, January 28, 2013

Eggplant Iridescence

I suppose Revlon Heavenly is the closest polish to a "lemming" that I've ever had, although it wasn't hard to find, expensive, or discontinued.  I just kept seeing it, almost buying it, but then putting it back, and repeating this cycle every time I saw one in a store.  But today I found it at Walmart, and decided that I'd already broken my New Year's resolutions by buying some things at the Sally's across the street, so I might as well stop thinking I *needed* it every time I saw it at a drugstore.  


This is layered over two coats of Revlon Sangria.  I love the different shapes as well as colors in the glitter.  The squares are more blue-green, while the hexes are orange-pink.  I tried to get a picture of the glitter, but you'll have to excuse my icky cuticles and overall cleanup job.  My nails were getting weak and stained and I decided to just cut them all down, but somehow the skin under them had grown onto the nails, and sort of ripped when I cut them?  I'm not really sure what happened, but all around my nails is currently really sore and didn't want to be exposed to anywhere near as much acetone as I'd already put them through.


These were all one thick coat, dabbed/painted on.  It wasn't at all hard to get decent coverage of the pieces, but I did find it a bit tricky to get the amount of glitter uniform between all of my nails.

So that's that.  I'm happy with it, and I'll definitely use it more.  While it looks gorgeous over this dark polish, I think it would also look really nice over something like Sinful Colors Cinderella, and I'm probably going to mattify it at some point tomorrow after my classes are over.

Hopefully I'll be able to get back to posting somewhat regularly, but I'm having trouble keeping up in o chem, and I'm not sure how much time I can really give to this for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...