Monday, March 18, 2013

A Horribly Botched Attempt at a Dot Gradient

In my head, I envisioned this as a subtle blue-to-green gradient on a dark navy background.  In reality, it turned out to be more like abstract, slightly mismatchy dots on a background that looked pretty much black.


I used Sally Hansen Petrol for the base, and China Glaze Want My Bawdy and Unpredictable, from the Bohemian collection, for the dots.  Because of the sheer finish of these polishes, I'd anticipated a significantly less bold appearance of the dots.  I guess that's what globbing on the polish with a dotting tool will do.  I think the dots were just too big.  Even though I used my smallest dotting tool, I kept getting too much polish on it, and it turned out too "chunky" for a nice gradient effect.



This was how I did my right hand, and I actually like this look much better.  As mentioned in my previous post, I tend not to like dark polishes, so I was trying to cover it up as much as possible, and just have the background for contrast against the duochromey dots, but I think it worked better to have just a few dots on the nail.  Oh well.  Both hands still look cool, from a distance, and I haven't thought of anything I'd rather do enough to take it off yet.  We'll see how long that lasts. hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...